Sunday, January 29, 2012

Drifting Around Las Vegas

I savor thrills.  Though I wouldn't classify myself as a thrill seeker, I have been known to go after them with great relish.  A thrill is like lathering with testosterone, rinsing with adrenaline, then basking in liberal amounts of gasoline (or other accelerant).  With a dash of speed, It's visceral.

The new craze with the younger set is drifting, made popular by several movies, one of which is "Tokyo Drift".  My movie is simply entitled "Drifting Around Las Vegas". Catchy name don't you think? 

I can say with perfect candor that growing up on gravelled, back country roads allowed me to satisfy my adrenaline appetite at an early age all the while honing my driving skills going sideways - with none of the angst of worrying about needing new tires afterwards.  There was a toll to pay however, since I was driving my own car, on my own money I might add, things did break.  But, I've grown out of that kind of driving. 

One compelling reason is the tow truck retrieving me, and my car, out of some ditch that one mistake or another resulted in me being parked there, stuck.  Um, more than once...  

But with someone else's car?  With their permission?  On a skid pad? Yeah Baby! 

Color me turn'n, burn'n, and drifting around Las Vegas.

1 comment:

  1. That looks AWESOME!!! How much $$ was it and how long did you get to "play" out there?

    ReplyDelete